REASONS FOR AN APPRAISAL
There are many reasons to obtain an appraisal. The most common reason is for
Real Estate and Mortgage Transactions, but we have compiled a list of other
reasons you may need to order an appraisal:
- to obtain a loan.
- to lower your tax burden.
- to establish the replacement cost of insurance.
- to contest high property taxes.
- to settle an estate.
- to help you make one of the largest financial decisions in your life.
- to provide a negotiating tool when purchasing real estate.
- to determine a reasonable price when selling real estate.
- to protect your rights in a condemnation case.
- to allow you to obtain a qualified appraisal report.
- because a government agency such as the IRS requires it.
- you are involved in a lawsuit.