HELPING THE APPRAISER
Once you have selected an appraiser, be prepared to answer questions and provide
- What is the purpose of the appraisal?
- When is the required completion date of the appraisal?
- Is property listed for sale and if so, for how much and with whom?
- Is there a mortgage? If so, with whom, when placed, for how much, type of
mortgage [FHA, VA etc.], interest rate, and any other types of financing.
- What personal property, such as appliances, are included ?
- If it is an incomeproducing property, provide a breakdown of income
and expenses for the last year or two and a copy of leases.
- Provide a copy of deed, survey, purchase agreement or other pertinent papers
pertaining to the property.
- Provide a copy of current real estate tax bill, statement of special assessments,
balance owing and on what [sewer, water, etc.].